Thursday, January 08, 2009

So many changes

Photobucket

Photobucket

This poor little lady has gone through so many changes the past few weeks with more yet to come. We moved her into a big girl bed with Lainie and Anna, took away her sippy cup, and took away her binkie all in one night. She is on the road to be a big sister and she isn't handling it as well as I wanted her to. This morning I decided I'd see if potty training was at all interesting to her. She of course, loved the whole panty idea, but the toilet....not so much. I only lasted 4 hours when I decided to nix it. The truth be told, she could probably handle the whole "training" period, but I can't. I'm the one who isn't ready to put in the effort she will demand.

And yes, we still have snow at my house. It's been forever!!! I'm so ready for it to leave. It finally has started to warm up again and melt a bit so we grabbed the chance and went outside to play on the playset.

7 comments:

Barbi Mecham said...

It is hard stuff to grow up! She sure is cute. It takes so much effort to potty train. Good luck. You look great! Hope you are feeling okay.

lisa said...

Poor Ava! Its hard to go from baby to big sister! I hear ya with the potty training. Aaron is 3 and STILL not potty trained and hates the toilet! I hate potty training! Hopefully he'll be out of diapers before Kindergarten. j/k

Leah said...

You are a brave, brave woman.

melandriley said...

Soundds like you and me are in the same boat....except your going to have 2 babies. I have decided to wait to potty train Hannah after the baby is born, due to the fact that I heard there is a good chance for relapse. I only want to have to train her one time. Good luck with all the new changes.

Nicole said...

Wow - those are some huge changes for a little lady all at once. She's a tough girl so I'm sure she'll handle it just fine. I'd say it's probably a good call postponing the potty training.

Unknown said...

Man, it's been forever since I looked at blogs! Your belly is so cute. What a difference 5 weeks can make. You look amazing!!! Poor Ava! IT's sad when your baby has to grow up, huh?

Unknown said...

We never did have them checked, only because the dr. said he could tell by the placenta that they were not, and you can see how extremely different they are. I think the pathologist examined it, but we never got the results. i am almost 100% they are fraternal